Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Aise Na Mujhe Tum Dekho......



Kishore Kumar.

This multifaceted personality needs no introduction. Well, I hope he doesn't.

In case you don't know exactly who he is, Google and Wikipedia can help you in knowing his illustrious career. But here, in this post, I’ll be telling you who he is to me.

I must have been introduced to his voice very early in my life. My father had cassettes and cassettes of his songs, and he used to buy more whenever he got a chance. And since he is used to having songs playing in the background (like son, like father :P), we had the original KK's sound reverberating through our house all the time.

And what a voice it was!! He has sung songs that reflect all your moods and situations, no matter whether you are
I know that watching all these songs are going to eat into your data usage for the month, but I can assure you, you won't regret it. I'm yet to meet a person who says that he/she doesn't like the songs of Kishore da ("da" as in brother in the Bengali language).

Well, I started off trying to tell you what his voice meant to me, and in accordance with my usual behaviour here, I've gone on and talked about something else altogether. Let me get back to the topic.

I'm the sort of guy, who never sticks to a certain genre in music. One morning I'm hearing devotional songs, the next day it'll be romantic, and the day after it'll some classic rock/jazz song. I consider myself as a nomad in the world of music - never sticking to one place, always roaming around in search of something better. But for me, when the dearth of fresh music starts to stifle my senses, the songs of Kishore da comfort me. For me, his songs are the innumerable oases I come across in my journey.

You may have already met this song I am going to introduce you to. But this is the latest of the oases that I've come across, which spawned this post. And to tell you the truth, this song is on repeat on my system. Just hear it out for yourself to find out how good it is.





I'm the kind of person who, once he finds it interesting, will keep on playing the same song over and over again. I look for the various instruments, the lyrics, the voice, the effects in the song. I then play the song till the thing which excited me in the first place becomes monotonous. It is in these dire situations that I find Kishore da's songs comforting.

But the time when I really enjoy to hearing his songs are the moments just before I sleep. I like to keep a playlist of his soft songs on repeat in my mobile, and just drift off into the dreamland. And his songs always lull me to sleep. Maybe that's cos I had them as my lullabies when I was born. Thank you  acha* for that.

*acha is father in Malayalam.

No comments :

Post a Comment