Friday, April 12, 2013

5 things I learned this week (Part 2)

There are some dreams you wish you never have to wake up from. I just had one of those.

I was in my room in my flat in Gurgaon, and everything was the same, except for two new doors. When I opened one door, I found myself coming out of my room in my home in Trivandrum. I was confused so I went back in and tried the other door. This time I found myself on the pitch in the Emirates Stadium (for those of you who are non-football freaks, that is the home ground of Arsenal FC). Anyways, I was so confused that I decided to wake up, and I find myself in my room  with just the one stupid door, which leads me back to this stupid world.

Anyways, I've deviated so much from the topic at hand that I guess most of you have already gone down and read the points I'm gonna say now. But for those of you who are intent on sticking with me, and have read through till here, let me personally welcome you to the five things I learned this week.

Did you know...

1. ...that there is a difference between unbalanced and imbalanced?

UNBALANCE means to unsteady something so that you try to make it fall.
IMBALANCE means a lack of proportion between two similar things.

2. ...that Eurofighter is a military aircraft that flies unstable?

Yup, you read that right. This brainchild of a party of European superpowers flies unstable at sub-sonic speed. So much so that it requires AI to control itself. Human reaction speeds can't control it. The reasons those geniuses made this seemingly idiotic feature is so that the flight can respond to change in trajectory quickly. Since it is already twisting and turning in all possible directions, it becomes easier to turn it in a different direction. This gives the flight a unique advantage in close combat.

You could say that the inherent IMBALANCE in the flight UNBALANCES it. (You see what I did there..;) )

But I can't help but wonder whether this was a EUREKA moment from one of the scientists..:D

3. ...that if you do overtime, your expenses also increases?

This is because you spend on things you normally wouldn't, thinking you are earning more. Simple logic really.

4. .. that my roomie thinks mosquitos follows lights?

I don't know where he got the idea from, but he believes this theory to such an extent that he keeps the light in the hall burning the whole night.

But don't take the guy to be a dumbo just cos of this. He has got a job offer to work with Mangalore Refinery today. He has more to him than he lets us know. Congratulations and Best wishes to him from my readers and myself.


5. .. that I can't seem to finish off two blogs that I'm writing right now??

**************************************************************

Now, if you could be burdened so much as to remember that I had skipped the last point last week, I would like to inform you that I have it now, and that I'm pleased to share it with you.

5 (of last week). ...that you can click the "Follow the Blog" button, available somewhere on this page, and you'll get updates directly to your feeder reader or something. I don't know how that works even after clicking the button myself - that's why you see me following this blog :D. But I think you can work it out.

That's all for today..
Have a Happy weekend folks!!!

1 comment :